An ocean to swim



11.45 pm Nov 9:

I held my mobile close, looking at the display and hoping that the clock would show 12 am.  It was something special as it was her first birthday after falling in love. I waited for this day. I made special plans to give her a big surprise. There were so many things that were running in my mind for the last couple of days on how to make her happy and special on this day.

11.48 pm Nov 9:
              
           I saw my golden fish swirling around the tank. It had been three months since this beauty came into my life. Among all my sorrows this beauty used to give me happiness. I used to just watch her swirl around the glass tank at a rapid speed. I took care of her like how every mom used to take care of their just born baby.

11.50 pm Nov 9:
               
          Every passing second my anxiety was reaching new heights. Just the thought of hearing her voice made me feel the happiest person. I had prepared a speech just to make her feel special. I had written it and I wanted to make sure that I didn't make a mess of it while I was actually in call, so I read more than thrice to make myself feel confident.

11.52 pm Nov 9:
               
           I gave food for my love but surprisingly she was still swirling round the tank without eating. I went closer but I could sense nothing. Everything seemed to be perfect; atleast I believed it was perfect. She began to hit the sides of the tank and it was making me worried but I thought that she was just playing with it.

11.53 pm Nov 9:
                
           Every second seemed to be like a year. The more you wait for something the more butterflies will get born in your tummy. I was feeling high and everything seemed so bright around me. I looked out through my window; I see bright daylight at the stroke of midnight. Dogs haul hears like a Beethoven’s symphony. My entire 8X8 room looked like a palaces with beautifully designed interiors.

11.54 pm Nov 9:
               
           When there was no one in my life and everyone seemed to stab me, I needed someone who could stand by me every-time. I bought her, my small tiny beautiful golden fish. Initially she did not like me but as days went by she was part of me. I treated her like my own daughter. I fed her the best, gave the best that was available. Every-time she swirled and flapped her fins; it made me feel that, she loved me the way I loved her.

11.55 pm Nov 9:
              
          Every-time she spent time with me I could easily say that it was the best time in my life. I was able to forget my past when she is around and I was able to live my life as-if there is nothing to cry about. My eyes just got stuck on her when she wore the saree that I bought her couple of weeks back. The black stripes and red border of the saree complimented her fair complexion and she literally made everyone feel that she came from heaven. She did almost everything that I loved; it made me feel that I was one of the luckiest people to get a lovely better half. Her smile made most of my days.

11.56 pm Nov 9:
               
           I changed the water in the tank once every day with RO and purified water so that she could enjoy her stay every-time. I fed her thrice a day and cared her like no one ever could. I used to spend my evenings beside her every-time and used to love every-time she flipped 180 degrees. It was like she did everything to make me happy.

11.57 pm Nov 9:
                
           I typed a long message so that it would be memorable when we both sit together and read it after years. I always wanted to make the best memories ever. I typed and erased few times to get exactly what was inside me. I read the message twice just to make sure that each and every word showed the Love I had for her after all she had done everything to make me happy.

11.58 pm Nov 9:
              
          I heard a splash of water sound and looked to my right and to my shock my love had popped out of her tank and was flapping her fins on the ground. She couldn't move and she was struggling. I ran towards her and took her in my palm and put her back in her house which was her happiness. Before I could turn and take a step; she popped out and fell on the ground, I took her again and put her in. Few seconds later there was a huge sound, the tank had been broken. My golden fish struck the walls fiercely and broke out of her house which I thought was her happiness.
                
         She flapped her fins desperately to get somewhere, somewhere she liked. I went towards her but she slid away from me. Tears dropped my cheek and I took her in my palm and ran as hard as possible. I stood still and everything I could see infront of me was water. I came running to a nearby lake. I bent my forehead and kissed my love and gently left her into the lake. She flapped her fins happily and disappeared into her world.

11.59 pm Nov 9:
           
          I came back home and I couldn't control my tears. I took my mobile. I read what I had typed. I saw my watch; still there were few odd seconds. Now I felt that I was left out of time, everything happened so quickly. I couldn't delete it. I started crying reading every single word that I had typed.

12.00 am Nov 10:
               
         Both the hands of the clock met each other at 12. Maybe this was my most anticipated minute in my life until few minutes but now everything had changed completely. I saw my message again; I smile and closed my mobile.

I confined my love to a glass tank, least I knew that she had an ocean to swim in-front of her!





Comments

Popular Posts