Flying high


         I have always been the epitome of failure over the past few years of my life. My academics, my dreams, my passion, my music, my love there isn’t a single thing in which I have succeeded. There were lots of disappointments, heart breaks for me and people around me due to my constant failure. 

          Even I used to sit at home doing nothing knowing that whatever I do I will end up failing so there was no reason why I should do something.

         Many people have crossed in my life so far. There are people who still hold my hand and whisper that I still have it in me and there are even people who laugh at me. Each and every person that I had met had taught me something or the other. While few taught me what friendship is all about, others taught me what friendship isn’t all about. When I was at my lowest there were only a handful of people beside me who still taught that I would crawl up and succeed one day while many left their hopes.

         Failure has slapped me hard and the best part of life is, failure doesn’t slap any particular one, everyone goes through a rough patch but the best thing about life while you are at your lowest is you know the people who stand by you so when your time comes you know the people with whom you should stay.

          One of the important things that I always had with me over these 22 years is a smile on my face. People always find it weird and ask me how could I ever smile and I would answer them, “You could see where I am but I could see where I could go.” Imagination and perseverance is the best gift that mankind has ever got.

          Few weeks back there was a pigeon on top of my roof garden. While I was watering the plants I could see the pigeon resting on one of the pots. I tried to shoo away, but she never moved from where she sat. Few days passed by and I could see the pigeon still there then I fed her for next couple of weeks.

           My mom and dad began to scold me as it was dirtying the roof tops. I convinced them that the bird had some problem and she needed a place to rest. Every night before I could sleep and every morning, I used to give her food and water and it continued for a while and my parents were angry with me.

            One day while I woke up and was about to feed her, she was standing on her feet and spread her wings. I could see there was a heavy cut on her right wing and there were lot of feathers that had fell down. It had been resting here and was healing itself to fly someday. She began to flap her wings and flew away. 


          
         Just like the pigeon, we need to sit and focus so that we could fly one day. Just because we had failed doesn’t mean that we would never succeed. When you dream and work hard then there is no way that you are going to stay away from what you want in your life. People would laugh at you; bog you down because they don’t know that you could fly high someday.

Comments

Popular Posts