That thing called LOVE, maybe

Disclaimer: All the characters and places that are used in this blog are fictitious, any resembling to those are purely coincidental.

You don’t often see a disclaimer for a blog but I had to write it since whenever I write some blogs regarding Love, it had always landed me in trouble. After writing a series of blogs regarding Life, Pain, Inspiration, Passion; I have decided to write something light and ended up writing this. Writing something about Love is like teaching A,B,C,D’s to a 12th  grade student, people really get bored when you write like you met a girl, you followed her and one fine day you proposed her but at the end she left you without any reason; all this shit has already been written several hundred times so there is no point in writing a blog that has already been written several times by various budding writers like me.

I don’t exactly remember the date but it was in mid 2000. After a two month long summer vacation spent in native I was ready to go to my new school. I looked different in my new school uniform while I saw myself in the mirror. Few days back I attended the entrance test for 3rd grade and I cleared it, soon I got admitted in the school which I didn’t know existed few days back.

A white colored shirt with light blue vertical stripes and a dark blue half trouser with a kerchief clinging on to my shirt pocket made me look like an alien. My mom combed my hair and packed me lunch and waved me a good-bye. My dad dropped me in the school and said to be a good student as I was in my previous school.  I stood near the school gate in isolation as I saw my dad disappear in his scooter.

I went inside the school and saw that everyone were in the same uniform which I wore; which made everyone look like an alien. There were so many kids wandering about with their big bags hanging on their shoulders and I could see all chaos, I never knew where I need to go or with whom I should speak, the only thing that I knew was I was admitted in 3 ‘A’ class.

I asked the person standing near the gate, “3rd A classroom”. He pointed his figure in the first floor, I said “Thank you” and went in the direction where he pointed.  There was a big sign hanging above the door, it was written as “WELCOME TO 3 ‘A’.”

I entered the classroom and there were already few students inside and a person whom I assumed to be the class teacher was sitting near the board. I extended my right hand mid way and asked permission whether I could enter the class; the teacher got up from her seat and came near me along with a paper. She asked my name and checked whether my name was in the sheets of papers. When she found my name she welcomed me into the class.

After the prayer got over, our class teacher introduced herself to the whole class. By now the class was full and there were about 50 odd students along with me. Each student went forward and introduced themselves. I thought I was the only one who feared about the new school but I could see that in almost everyone’s face which made me little comfortable.

After the self introduction, teacher began to allocate the seats. Since I wasn’t tall enough, my class teacher made me to sit in the second row while Dharani sat beside me. That was the first time I saw her, since I was lost in my thoughts while self introduction was going on. She had big eyes, wide throat supported by a sly lips and nose with a small forehead. She had kept a yellow and white streak on her forehead and wore a shirt that was similar to mine and a dark blue frock that extended till her knees.

Our teacher ordered not change places and began to ask us about our vacation. For the next few days, I would be sitting beside Dharani but we never used to talk much. We both used to share lunch and we always used to have competition on who says the answer first during maths class. Every time when our teacher gives addition problems I used to excel and when there was any problem with subtraction and multiplication Dharani used to answer first.

The whole of 3rd standard went that way without much while I made few friends apart from Dharani. I was made as the assistant class leader while Dharani was made the class leader in our 4th grade. We both used to stand in front of the class and ‘mind’ the students when the teacher didn’t come or was late to the class. We both became close and in every P.T period we used to play together.
             
            After our half yearly exams we were taken to planetarium and children’s park for excursion. Our teacher ordered us to walk in pairs and my pair was Dharani. We held our hands together until we came back to school that evening. While we were seeing the snake she held my hand firmer in fear. She sat beside in school bus and we both danced together while coming back to school. It was so much fun with her. We both became best friends after that.
                
            During the first day in my 5th grade I did not see Dharani, I went to 5 ‘B’ and 5 ‘C’ classes to check whether she had any change in her section but she wasn’t there too. I was upset, and then I learned that she had left school, her father got a transfer to Delhi and she got the TC few weeks back. I was disappointed and sad, maybe I didn’t know that I loved her during those days and even now I don’t know whether it’s love but I did missed her badly and continue to miss her.

               
              Every-time I hear the name Dharani I remember her and I would continue to remember for the rest of my life. I still argue with myself that Dharani was my first love but I lose the battle everytime by telling myself that it was nothing but a beautiful feeling of childhood and not love. Those were the days of pure feelings not mixed with jealous, pride; so those days always remain to be the best days of our lives. 


That thing called LOVE, maybe.

Comments

Popular Posts