Small yet so large



It’s funny how little moments get stuck in our memory and refuse to leave. I might have had endless dinners at fancy restaurants but a small dinner at a fast food center with my loved ones beside always comes up to my mind when I think of the best dinners I had.  I might have heard really witty and humorous jokes all around but when I actually laugh, I don't have a reason. Something cracks me up and then I can't stop laughing for hours. I might have spent so much time with my own life trying to prove a point to other as well as myself but the time I spent with loved ones doing absolutely nothing always comes to my mind when I think of the best moments.


When I look back at my life, I don’t remember the subject in which I got centum (of-course I didn't get that in a lot though)but I still remember the incident where I failed in English during my 9th grade. I wept the whole night before the exam since I did not write my Science exam well but when the results came I got the first mark in my Science exam and failed in English. Even our life is just like same, we often cling to our past and make our present miserable. But one good thing about the exam is, it paved way for my love towards that language.


Sometimes life isn't just always about those big restaurants, big treats, luxurious cars, big bungalow, I-phones, X-box, it’s about those small things which makes our life worth living. You won’t remember your I-phone which you hardly use but a basic Nokia phone which reminds you of the funny texts and late night phone calls which bring lot of your memories back.
(I still have my old phone tucked carefully in my cupboard. It might not work but it still makes me happy. It reminds me of my school, my friends, and my texts with few special persons)


More often in life we never think of those small things which changed the way we live our life, the small push which we badly needed to move ahead in our life, a smile from a stranger, a small gesture from a person you least expected, a phone conversation from an old friend, someone takes your hand in theirs and tells everything will be fine; these things do make your day. These small things always go unnoticed but they create a large impact. Only when you connect the dots between all these little joys, life seems fuller and more satisfying. 


I think it's really important to hold on to certain memories, because they can help us get over those difficult times when everything seems to be falling apart and nothing seems to be going our way. Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.



 P.S: Dear Nokia 1100, you might be junk for many but for me you are always special.

Comments

  1. An Awful portrayal, feeling more chill in my mind and heart is overwhelming with this chronicle. Yes even i too have my Lg mobile as a indication & memorable protocol of my lovable life in my pouch inside the cupboard .. Some memories are ne'er fade out from our mind.. Because our mind isn't having the recycle bin.. It is lyk a Hard disk.. Everything is get stored, we can retrieve whenever in the need .. Pain is also a divine though it is an vain.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts